School Swimming schemes are a focus for Royal Life Saving as we strive to meet the Department of Education Home (nsw.gov.au) goals through water safety lessons for every Year 2 student in NSW.
At the Aquatic Academy, we utilise the Swim and Survive program as it was designed specifically for schools and implements a progressive curriculum to combine the learning of practical skills with the understanding and application of water safety knowledge.
School Swimming Programs can be booked through one of the following two options and occur between 9:30am – 2:30pm weekdays (according to the NSW school term dates)
- Intensive 2-week School Swimming Scheme – where schools attend lessons every day for 2 consecutive weeks.
- 10-week progressive Swimming Program – where schools attend lessons once a week for 10 consecutive weeks.
Lessons are 45minutes in duration and our Swimming Teachers are qualified industry professionals well versed in teaching swimming skills to school age students.
The Swim and Survive program is ability based. Students will be placed into coloured groups according to their swimming ability.
For more information regarding our swimming levels, please follow this link: School-Age Swimming – Aquatic Academy
Additional School Program offerings:
Royal Life Saving NSW strives to provide opportunities for community education around water safety. There are other additional opportunities to be involved in water safety and aquatic education outside of the traditional learn to swim format. For more information, follow the links below:
- Junior Lifesaving – Junior Lifesavers (drowningprevention.org.au)
- Water safety Education – Primary School Education (drowningprevention.org.au)
- CPR and First Aid awareness – Community Education | Royal Life Saving | Castle Hill (drowningprevention.org.au)
- High School Education – HighSchoolEducation (drowningprevention.org.au)
The Aquatic Academy provides quality, accredited training to both primary and secondary school students which can be easily incorporated into the school curriculum. Skills and knowledge learnt through our programs can lead to workplace and vocational pathways for a dynamic, balanced, and flexible career in the aquatics industry. Training Courses | Royal Life Saving (drowningprevention.org.au)